Paprika Rubbed Chicken with Spiced Root Vegetables


Last weekend we had a glorious chilly and gorgeously sunny October weather.  I can't express how thrilled I am to be doing fall cooking again!  The first thing I think of is roasted root vegetables.  While in the summer I might make roasted veggies like eggplant, zucchini, summer squash and tomatoes, I love the slow cooked carmelization of sweet potatoes, squash, onions and parsnips even more!




Roasting a chicken is one of the easiest and most satisfying family dinners I can think of!  A few minutes of prep and about an hour or so later you have not only a kitchen that smells amazing--but an easy dinner (or relaxing lunch here in France!)

For the chicken 'dry rub' here's my suggestion:
A mix of:

2 tbs. Sweet Paprika
1 tbs Herb de Provence
3 tsp. Salt  (I adore a pink Himalayan salt for this!)
1 tbs. Tumeric
1 tbs. Dry Mustard

Rinse and dry the chicken and rub with crushed garlic before you cover with the dry rub mix.  Then let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours or more.

For the roasted veggies--I toss them with olive oil, a small bit of tumeric, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, sweet curry and salt & pepper....and then drizzle a small amount of maple syrup which helps with the sticky sweet/spiciness (if you want)....all of these veggies have great flavor even without spice...so it's up to your taste.

Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. Following you here now as well. I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS You're on my blog roll now too. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! So nice to meet you! I have enjoyed looking at your blog today too! ;)

    Bon week-end!

    ReplyDelete